Truecaller is a caller ID app for both Android and iOS phones. The Truecaller app helps you to identify phones numbers even if it is not saved on your mobile phone. Today in this article, let us discuss how download Truecaller for PC.
If you have Truecaller for PC installed on your laptop or PC, you do not need to grab your mobile phone every time to search a mobile number which you come across while browsing the internet on PC or Laptop.
There are two methods to search a number on Truecaller. One way is with Truecaller App, and another method is using Truecaller Website.
How to Download Truecaller For PC?
Truecaller App is basically for Mobile devices only. But with the help of an Android Emulator, you can download Truecaller for PC. Use the following step by step guide to download and install the Truecaller App into your PC or Laptop.
- Download an Android Emulator into your PC. Here we use Bluestacks Android Emulator to install Truecaller into PC.
- After downloading Bluestacks Emulator, install it into your PC. It may take some time depending upon the performance of your PC.
- Once installed Bluestacks into PC, sign into the emulator using a Gmail ID and Password.
- As you complete the process, you can see the Google Play Store Icon on the Bluestacks Emulator Home Page.
- Now go to Google Play Store and download the app as we download an app from the Google Play Store on a mobile device.
- After downloading the app, create a Truecaller profile using your mobile number.
If you have any issue in downloading Truecaller App from the Google Play Store, then you can download Truecaller APK and install it into PC. Follow the methods below.
- Download and install Bluestacks Android Emulator into PC.
- After installing the Emulator, create a profile using a Google ID and password.
- Now download and save Truecaller APK into your PC.
- To install Truecaller APK into PC, just tap on the three dots just above the Google Play Store icon.
- Now you will get the option to install an APK file.
- Just tap on it to “Install APK” to install the Truecaller APK into PC, and the installation process is as simple as attaching an image to WhatsApp.
Alternatively, you can go directly to Truecaller website to search a number without downloading the App. I recommend this method if you are not a heavy app user.
Related Post: App LIke Truecaller For Android
Let us see how to identify an unknown number without downloading the Truecaller app for PC.
Advantages of Unknown Number Search on Truecaller Website
Searching a number on Truecaller Website is safer compared to searching a number on Truecaller App. When you download Truecaller App, it will ask for permission to access your contacts. The Truecaller App does not work if you do not permit to access the contacts saved on your mobile phone.
As you permit to access contacts, the data saved on the contacts automatically uploads to Truecaller database. This way Truecaller is expanding their database day by day.
But when you use Truecaller Website, this problem does not occur as they do not have access to your contacts.
Now let us see how to search an unknown number through Truecaller Website.
- Go to Truecaller Website.
- Sign in or register using an email ID.
- Now type or paste any number on Truecaller Website to get the details about the caller.
But this method has some drawbacks. You can not search a number automatically as Truecaller App does. Every time you need to go to Truecaller website to search an unknown number. This is not convenient for many especially if you are a heavy usage of Truecaller App!
Multiple mobile fraud cases are being reported every day only because of responding to unknown calls. Truecaller help you to decide to take a phone call or not. So you must install the Truecaller App on your mobile phone or check an unknown number every time.
I think this article on how to download Truecaller for PC helpful for you in identifying unknown callers. If you have any queries about this, please feel free to comment below.