Have you been on the lookout to get the latest method on how to root Redmi 3S Prime? Here is a detailed tutorial to guide you through the process of safely and effectively rooting your Android device.
Xiaomi released the successor to its popular Redmi series this August, branding it the Redmi 32 Prime. Packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, 3GB RAM and the goodness of MIUI 8, there is a lot of fire powers that comes with the Redmi 3S Prime that is waiting to be unlocked.
Check this out: Android Guide – How to Root Coolpad Note 3
If you are among the Android users who cannot wait to learn how to root Redmi 3S Prime, you’ll be glad to know that the process is fairly simple. However, understanding how to root Redmi 3S or any other Android device for that matter can be complicated. Hence we have created a tested and dependable guide to help you at every step along the way.
How to Root Redmi 3S Prime
Part 1: Unlock the Bootloader of your Device
Before you can even begin rooting the Redmi 3S Prime, you need to unlock the bootloader of your device. To do so, you need to download and install the Mi Flash Unlock Tool on your Windows computer.
Before proceeding, make sure that you backup all the important data on your device and proceed at your own risk. Also, make sure that the phone is at least 50-60 percent charged before you unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Begin by extracting the download file to your desktop and open the MiFlashUnlock.exe file.
- You will be greeted by a disclaimer, so read the terms and agreements and press Agree to continue.
- The next step will require you to log into your Mi account, so enter your credentials and press Sign in to continue with the next step.
- Once you have successfully logged into your Mi account, the validation process will begin on your phone and should be able to see the message “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.
- Now to get the required permission, head over to the MI Unlock web page and click on Unlock Now and log in with your Mi account details.
- The next page will ask you to input your name, your mobile number and your reason for unlocking the bootloader of your device.
- Once you have entered the details and click on Apply Now, you will be redirected to another page and asked for the OTP you have just received on the mobile number you entered earlier.
- Once you enter the OTP and the verification process is completed, you can head back over to the Mi Flash Unlock Tool on your computer and unlock the bootloader.
How about this: Android Alarm Clock Tutorial: Alarm Made Easy
Part 2: Rooting the Redmi 3S Prime
There are a couple of files you will need when you continue with the process on how to root Redmi 3S Prime.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver for Windows here.
- Download TWRP Installer for Redmi 3S/Prime here.
- Finally, download the SuperSU.zip file here and place on internal storage of your device.
- Head over to Settings->About->Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable the Developer options menu.
Now head over to the Settings app once again and you will be able to see the newly unlocked option. Open it and then press the toggle switch next to the “USB debugging” menu and “OEM unlocking”.
- Create a new folder on the desktop and extract all of the downloaded files into it for ease of use. Now run the twrp-installer.bat file as an administrator.
- Now go ahead and shut down your smartphone, press and hold the Power and Volume Down button to access the Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer via a USB cable.
- After the installation, your phone will automatically boot into its custom TWRP recovery mode, from where you can directly root it.
- Using the navigation menu, tap on “Install” and access the location where you have stored the SuperSU.zip file, tap on “Install Image” and swipe to confirm your action.
You might like this: Simple Tips To Make Your Android Tablet Faster
The process will finish and you can then press the “Reboot System” button and you will be able to see the SuperSU app installed when the device restarts.
Was this tutorial on how to root Redmi 3S Prime helpful in unlocking the maximum potential of your device? If you need more visual assistance with the process, check out the video tutorial given down below.