There is nothing more attractive than a thick head of hair that glimmers with natural health. But hair loss is a problem that many people suffer from.There can be several factors behind hair loss such as environmental effects, aging, too much stress, excessive smoking, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, scalp infections, use of wrong or chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines and medical conditions like thyroid disorder, autoimmune diseases, Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), iron-deficiency anemia, and chronic illnesse.
1. Aloe Vera
This is the traditional way of using aloe Vera for treating hair growth.
- Extract the pulp content from the leaf or stalk and rub into your hair.
- Ensure your hair is already washed before you do this.
- Massage the pulp into your scalp in circular motions.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water.
This ingredient has several benefits for your hair. Not only does it promote hair growth, but also conditions it. It has essential fats, minerals and proteins which reduce hair breakage and is also rich in potassium and iron. You can use coconut oil or milk to prevent hair fall.
- Warm a bit of coconut oil and massage it from your hair root to tip.
- Wash after one hour.
- Or, grate a coconut and squeeze out its milk by mixing in a little water.
- Apply it on the area where you notice thinning or balding.
- Let it stay overnight and wash off the next morning.
3. Onion Juice
Onion is a rich source of sulfur which helps in hair growth by increasing collagen production. Using its juice on the scalp can help in controlling hair fall.
- Chop one onion finely and squeeze out its juice.
- Apply the juice on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Now rinse with a mild shampoo and let your hair air dry.
- Use this twice a week to see results.
Recommended – How to Make Soft and Silky Hair.
4. Neem( Indian Lilac)
Neem has excellent antibacterial properties that help you get rid of dandruff. This ensures the scalp is healthy and promotes hair growth. It also stimulates blood flow to the skin, thereby nourishing the hair roots. Neem is even found to eliminate head lice and nits.
- Boil the neem leaves in water till the water level comes down to half its quantity.
- Wait for the mixture to cool.
- Rinse your hair with this mixture.
5. Fenugreek (Methi)
Fenugreek, also known as Methi, is highly effective in treating hair loss. Fenugreek seeds contain hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth and help rebuild hair follicles. They also contain proteins and nicotine acid that stimulate hair growth.
- Soak one cup of Fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. After about 40 minutes, rinse your hair.
- Follow this remedy every morning for a month.
6. Amla or Indian gooseberry
For people suffering from hair fall, amla or the Indian gooseberry is a blessing. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can reverse hair loss if it is in its initial stage.
- Use either amla juice or powder and mix it with lemon juice.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it to dry.
- Rinse hair using lukewarm water.
Egg has several ingredients that can prevent or control hair fall. It is a rich source of sulfur and ash phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein. All these promote hair growth.
- Take the white of one egg and mix in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Beat to give a paste-like consistency and apply to the entire scalp and hair.
- Keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with cool water and a mild shampoo.