Well, Android is indeed a great platform that allows OEMs to try out new hardware concepts. Android smartphones nowadays come up with lots of built-in sensors. One such sensor is known as IR Blaster, which allows users to control the TV. Not just Televisions, but IR Blaster can control other home appliances with remote control functionality as well.
So, if you have lost your TV remote control, then you can control it easily through your smartphone. However, to control your Television with a smartphone, you will need an IR Blaster or TV Remote app. Fortunately, there are plenty of TV Remote app available on the Google Play Store which can be used to control the TV from a smartphone.
Best IR Blaster (TV Remote) Apps For Android
In this article, we are going to share some of the best IR Blaster apps for Android that you can use right now. So, let’s explore the list of best IR Blaster apps in 2020.
1. Universal TV Remote
Guess what? With Universal TV Remote, you can control your TV, cable box and other appliances. The app supports popular TV manufacturers, including Samsung, Sanyo, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, etc.
- It’s right now the leading TV Remote control app available on the Play Store.
- Some of the key features include Voice search, Power Control, Volume Control, etc.
- Also, the app allows you to play/stop/reverse/fast forward the media playbacks.
2. Mi Remote Controller
The app can control not only televisions, but it can also control set-top boxes, air conditioners, smart boxes, projectors, etc. If we talk about the TV brand support, Mi Remote Controller supports brands like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Haier, Micromax, etc.
- With this app, you can control your electrical appliances with your phone.
- The app supports most phones with IR blaster supports.
- It supports television brands – Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Haier, etc.
3. ZaZa TV Remote
Just like MI Remote Controller, ZaZa TV Remote can remote control TV, Air conditioner, set-top box, projector, DVD, Fan, etc. The great thing about ZaZa TV Remote is that it supports over 800 different appliances brand.
- The app uses infrared connectivity to control smart home devices.
- It can be used to remote control TV, Air Conditioning, set-top box, projector, etc.
- As of now, the app supports over 800 different appliances brand.
4. AnyMote Universal Remote
The app works with appliances manufactured by Samsung, Avr, Sharp, Panasonic, Xfinity, etc. Just like ZaZa TV Remote, AnyMote Universal Remote can control Smart TVs, air conditioners, streaming devices, etc. The app is available in two versions – Free and Premium.
- As of now, the Anymote Universal Remove supports over 900000 devices.
- The app can be used to simulate anything that sends infrared remote commands.
- It can be used to control DVD, VCR, Amplifier, TV, Air Conditioner, and much more.
5. Unified TV
The great thing about Unified TV is that it automatically detects nearby devices with IR sensors. Although the app only supports 80 devices, it packs in lots of useful features like integration with Tasker and Flic. Unified TV is a premium app that costs around $1.
- It’s a one-and-only remote control app for your living room.
- It supports over 80+ popular devices.
- The app can be used to control TV, Set-Top Boxes, Game Consoles, Media Players, etc.
6. SURE – Smart Home and TV Universal Remote
This one easily connects to WiFi and IR. Just like all other Universal remote apps, SURE – Smart Home and TV Universal Remote can be used to control smart TV, regular TV, media streamer, smart lights, Air Conditioners, etc. Apart from that, the app also got the ability to stream photos & videos from your phone to smart TV using WiFi and DLNA.
- With Sure App for Android, you can control your Smart TV, media streamer, smart lights, air conditioner, and much more.
- You can even use this app with voice commands.
- The app also lets you stream photos & videos from your phone to a Smart TV.
- You can also copy files from shared folders in a local network to mobile, or vice versa.
7. Galaxy Universal Remote
The app uses your phone’s built-in IR transmitter. With Galaxy Universal Remote, you can control Televisions, Set-top box, Streamers, Sound System, Amplifier, Air Conditioner, Projector, etc. Not only that, but the Galaxy Universal Remote also allows users to create personalized remote to control all devices from a single screen.
- The app turns your Android phone into a universal remote control
- With this app, you can control your TV, Set-up boxes, Audi/video receiver, etc.
- You can even control the projector and DSLR camera with Galaxy Universal remote.
8. Android TV Remote Control
This one is a little bit different compared to all other listed in the article. Instead of relying upon the IR Blaster sensor, the app depends on WiFi and Bluetooth to control the Android TV device. To do so, both Android TV device and the smartphone needs to be on the same WiFi network.
- The app requires a wifi connection between Android phones and Android TV devices.
- It also lets you remote control TV devices via Bluetooth as well.
- The app is compatible with all Android TV devices.
9. Castreal Remote Control
With this app, you can easily control your Television, media player, air conditioner, projector, home control, cameras, karaoke, etc. To control electronic devices, the app uses your phone’s IR Blaster.
- This one turns your phone into a universal remote control.
- If your phone has IR Blaster support, you can control Smart TVs, Media Player, Air Conditioner, Projector, etc.
- It offers thousands of IR remote infra codes for free.
10. ASmart Remote IR
If you are searching for a smart IR Universal Remote control app for your Android smartphone, then you need to give ASmart Remote IR a try. Just like all other TV remote apps, ASmart Remote IR can be used to control TV, Air Conditioner, DSLR, Media Player, Projectors, etc.
- With this app, you can turn your smartphone as a remote control for TV, Set-top box, AC, DSLR, etc.
- The app supports most of the popular brands and models.
- As of now, the app supports every Samsung and HTC smartphones.
So, these are the best TV remote apps that you can use on your Android smartphone. If you know any other such apps, let us know in the comment box below.